.

Road Trip 2013: Sedona

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Ahhhh... VACATION!!! We woke up yesterday and made our 6:15am flight to Phoenix and arrived at 6:20am! Only missed 5 minutes of time because of the timezone difference!! Though, I was exhausted due to the fact I had finished packing up final orders at 11:57pm the night before and then packed up my suitcase and did not go to sleep until about 2am(to then wake up at 4am!!) All to say, I was running on fumes!! 

But, I am loving being on vacation and being free to just sit and not think about anything!! I am debating taking a few extra days off when I get back, just to make sure I am geared up and ready to go for the summer months, as we have another break for a dear friends wedding back home at the end of August!

The views around here are amazing! I am in constant awe of the creation around me. This morning, I was able to wake up at 7:30am and went for a nice long run soaking in the views! I came back to the room after and made Andrew do some extra workouts with me...pushups, crunches, jumping jacks, and squats. He was a trooper and joined me. Even though, I was pretty determined and he, hesitant to what I was going to make him do. Below is what we did after my run...

50 jumping jacks
50 crunches
45 jumping jacks
45 pushups
40 jumping jacks
40 squats
35 jumping jacks
35 crunches
30 jumping jacks
30 pushups
and on and on and on until we had only 5 of each left!! 


One of my favorite things about the trip so far is that we have a 2013 Convertible Camaro that we are driving around. We have had the top down EVERYWHERE we go. I am just hoping I do not get addicted to it and feel the need to beg Andrew to buy my one for my birthday next month! ....though, we could never afford that!!

Today was filled with some good food at The Wildflower Bread Company and then an Indian restaurant, along with a great hike to the Devils Bridge and a few other spots that we found. I am looking forward to staying active on this trip, as its been my goal since March 5th to EAT CLEAN and put in more effort for working out... less ice cream and thinking I can eat whatever I want! So far, so good!

I am pretty tired tonight... from the run, the hike, and all the sun we are getting being outdoors and in the car (since the top is always down!!!). So - this post is going to be ending now with some pictures to give you some visuals and then we are going to probably take a little walk down the street to unwind & enjoy our last night here in Sedona!! Next stop.... GRAND CANYON and a 6 mile hike tomorrow! See you in the next post!! 

Now I can cross "get picture with a Convertible Camaro" off my bucket list.


Its gonna be a windblown hair kind of trip.... and I am LOVING it!!
Gorgeous view from my early morning run!!!
I love just sitting and looking around... I can't believe these views are actually REAL!! 
Yup... thats me...looking over the edge!!


Thanks for stopping in and following our trip! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you're working out on your vacation! Lol, I'm too lazy to get a workout in on vacation! :) I've never been to Arizona but hopefully someday I'll get to. Your photos look amazing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) well, I made a goal for myself on March 5th that I wanted to be at a certain "goal weight" by my birthday on June 17th. So - if I want to enjoy some good food on vacation without ruining the 13lb loss I have going already... I have to stick with it!! :) Plus, I have gotten to the point, where I actually enjoy running, so the gorgeous views were begging me to join them for a run!! :) This is my first time here too... Its absolutely stunning!! Definitely worth it... and in a convertible(first time for everything!!!). Thanks for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  2. How fun!! Arizona looks amazing! So glad you're blogging all of this so I can live vicariously through you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger