.

Honey, it's Date Night Smoothie!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012


 

I love what I do! I feel like I say it all the time! But, really... I feel so blessed to have a successful business that allows me to be home, create and be my own boss. This morning as my husband and I started to roll out of bed, he looked at me and said, "Why don't you reset your alarm and just go back to bed?" ...It did sound nice, although - even though I am sure I could take advantage of that luxury, I do have responsiblity to customers who are relying on me to get their orders out on time! So, I stumble out of bed, make our coffees and then get to work...which never really feels like work!

A typical day for me starts with getting up, making coffees and Andrews lunch (sometimes I am a bad wife and make him make it! HA!), then I jump on the computer, turn on some music (mostly worship or christian music) and get to checking emails and writing down my To-Do list for the day! Then its stamping, constantly checking messages to respond promptly to customers, and then the daily post office run! After I have completed what I have to do, I go for a run or swim!!

Wednesdays are special though. Why are they special? Well, IT'S DATE NIGHT!!! Andrew and I go to a restaurant not too far from where we are living called Thai Place. They have the BEST lemongrass chicken dish and crab rangoons that we have ever had. In fact, we order the SAME THING, every Wednesday! Yes, it's THAT good! :) On Wednesday, I normally try to eat light for lunch since we normally stuff ourselves silly with the yummy food!

Today I decided to make a smoothie. As I was making it, I thought it looked really neat with the different colors of fruit, so I took a picture. Then, I thought... "hmmm, if this is really good, I will want to remember it and maybe share the recipe!!" Now, dont hold me to it... but I personally thought it was REALLY GOOD! I put some honey in it and every so often I would get a little honey in the straw...MMmm!! <3

Add Fruit - 1 Mango, 1 Banana, and 3 Strawberries
Add about 1/2 cup of Milk, a splash or two of cream, a handful of ice, and drizzle some
honey over the top of everything to give it some natural sweetness!

I drizzled some honey along the sides of the cup before I poured in the smoothie so that
I could have some sips of honey drops in there too!!!

And I now present before you....


Now, I do not claim to be a food stylist by any means! I am sure some food stylist could have walked in and presented this smoothie to you in a much more eloquent way. However, it looked good to me and I drank every last drop!! :)

I felt this smoothie was a light and delightful way to have a lunch in preparation for date night tonight, therefore, this recipe will forever be named "Honey It's Date Night Smoothie".

You can tweek it anyway you wish. My husband is the smoothie maker in the family and his smoothies are TO DIE FOR! I do my best... and today, I felt that I had made one of my best. Let me know if you try this one out, if you like it, and how you may have made it better. Smoothies are one of my favorites, so feel free to share some good recipes with me if you have any!!

Thats all for now!!! <3 Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. That's great that you're so organised! Your day sounds like every moment is spent doing something. Hope you have a great evening =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds delicious! Though I'm not a fan of honey so I might go a little sweeter and add some golden syrup! Looks luuuush though! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try this one out! I just found another recipe that is similar to yours except it uses Chobani Greek Yogurt.

    The recipe is: 1 Cup Vanilla Chobani Greek Yogurt, 2 Cups frozen or fresh mango (Probably could add 2 cups of what ever fruit you wanted), 1/2 Cup of milk, 2 ice cubes (optional), 1 tsp of honey.

    I am glad you posted this because I was looking for something healthy and filling to have as snacks because I am pregnant again. I have no problem remembering to drink stuff, but I will just go forever without eating. Then I just end up starving myself which is not good. So THANK YOU Aly!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger